Topic: FAQ for Closed Alpha Test

by StarGazer at 197.04/87:502 GCT

Thank you very much for doing the survey and taking the time to test our upcoming sci-fi game! Please share your thoughts, report issues, and feel free to talk to us, because our goal is to improve Tau Station together with you. Help us make the game ready for launch! We are really looking forward to working with you, and please don't hesitate to get in touch with us. That said, please understand that we try to be available as much as possible, but sometimes a response might take some time, because the Communications team, as well as you and the other 99 test participants, are spread all around the world, and as a result, time zones can differ greatly. ~ Let's start: Happy testing!

► A lot of details are listed in our Closed Alpha Test blog: read the post

► On top to that, we compiled some FAQ for you that will most likely grow during our test. If you have additional questions, please get in touch with us. How? - See below in the FAQ ☻

FAQ topic summary

• Dates - Summary of CA dates
  • Contact - How to get in touch with us
  • Conflicts - What can I do if someone misbehaves?
  • Expectations - What is expected from CA testers?
  • Feedback - How to report issues and how to provide feedback?
  • Advantages - Will I get any advantages because of my CA participation?
  • Progress - What will happen to my game progress after CA?
  • Speeding up - Are there any cheats or tools I can use during CA?
  • Account Sharing - Am I allowed to share my account with other people?
  • Videos, screenshots and reports about CA

--

Dates - Summary of CA dates:

The Closed Alpha is planned to last until the 15th of January. Depending on the needs, we might need to change plans, such as extending the duration. As always, we will inform you.

Contact - How to get in touch with us:

You can contact us in various ways, we will try to answer as soon as possible.

• Forums: Use our forums in case of game questions, because experienced testers can help too.
  • Email: A dedicated Closed Alpha address is available: alpha@taustation.space
  • Skype: You can reach out to TauStation_StarGazer if you prefer Skype.
  • Chat: The team will show up in chat sometimes, but please understand that depending on the overall chat activity a question might get lost if no team member is active while you ask your question.
  • Social Media: You can also send us (private) messages on Facebook or Twitter.
  • Conflicts: In case of conflicts, please see below details about the "abuse" report functions.

Conflicts - What can I do if someone misbehaves?

Tau Station wants to provide a nice gaming atmosphere without conflicts or things like massive misbehavior. We integrated abuse report functions which empower each of you to report misbehavior easily. There are report buttons in the chat (simply hover the message), forums, game emails (private messages), and blog posts. Along with this, you can always get in touch with us as is mentioned above; the best way is to reach out to our Community Team via Skype or email.

Expectations - What is expected from CA testers?

Play and enjoy the game, but please report bugs and ask questions if you need help, because these insights also help us to see what we can do better. We’d also like you to give us feedback on what you like and dislike about the game, and any ideas on what improvements can be made. Every comment will be checked, because with your help we want to identify fields we can improve. This is why we wanted to make an Alpha Test, we need the ability to get fresh impressions, as well as clean and honest feedback from different kind of players.

Feedback - How to report issues and how to provide feedback?

We prepared a dedicated thread about issue reports for you: Issue Report. Please share your general feedback about what you like/dislike with reasons here: Feedback section

Advantages - Will I get any advantages because of my CA participation?

You have the advantage to be part of the CA Test 🙂 and being able to influence the further development of the game. Aside from that, there will be no permanent game play advantage other than the knowledge you gain by playing.

Progress - What will happen to my game progress after CA?

The team is still working on the game, so it is possible we may have to wipe accounts during or at the end of the Closed Alpha. We clearly aim for avoiding any wipes, but in case it is needed, we may have to do it.

Speeding up - Are there any cheats or tools I can use during CA?

At the start of the CA your character is awarded with a free 3 days VIP package that can be activated whenever you want. Aside from this little gift, there is no possibility to speed up your progression because we need data from legitimate playthroughs.

Account Sharing - Am I allowed to share my account with other people?

No. Account sharing is prohibited in general. Also as a matter of fairness to those who were not chosen to join the CA Test.

Videos, screenshots and reports about CA - Can I post videos and screenshots and reports of the CA online?

Update 2018-Mar-15

Thanks for your support and patience! You can now start creating reports, sharing screenshots etc. about the game. Please mention that what is shown is Alpha (later Beta) status and that several features and improvements are in development, because the game gets updated frequently.

Former answer (ignore it)

No. The game is still in development and therefore please understand that we don't want that information to spread which is incomplete, not final, and may be wrong or obsolete soon. Please support us and follow this rule, because we don't want to provide any wrong impressions to people out there who don't have your background knowledge.

This topic is closed for new posts.

There are no posts here at the moment.