Subject: Re: Stat recovery

by moritz at 197.74/40:595 GCT

Replying to: Stat recovery

I have compiled the values posted here into a table, and included some of my own observations (mostly Healtcare 2 without VIP).

Currently I think that most of the variability is actually due to rounding. I've observed that with Healtcare 2 + Hotel room + Well fed, the recovery rate for stats were 7, 6, 7 in that order, which isn't explained by staying longer in the hotel room. But if the actual recovery rate were more around 6.5, that would explain it.

We also know that current stat and focus values are tracked more precise than shown to us, because sometimes you can do career tasks when you have 10% Focus and 20% of your stat, and sometimes you can't.

Replies

1. Subject: Re: Stat recovery

by Shadow at 197.74/66:103 GCT

Replying to: Re: Stat recovery

Caveat: Either the rates were tweaked or Healthcare 1 is having an unexpected effect: My base recovery is now only 2%.

2. Subject: Re: Stat recovery

by Shadow at 197.75/10:148 GCT

I tend to agree with you about rounding being a cause for variation. From what I can tell, these are my current recovery rates now that I have Healthcare 1:

• Healthcare 1: +2%
    • Healthcare 1 + Hotel: +4%
    • Healthcare 1 + Well Fed: +3% Focus, +4.5% other
    • Healthcare 1 + Hotel + Well Fed: +5% Focus, +4.5% other
    • Healthcare 1 + VIP: +10% Focus, +6.5% other
    • Healthcare 1 + VIP + Hotel: +12-13% Focus, +8.5% other
    • Healthcare 1 + VIP + Well Fed: +13% Focus, +8.5% other
    • Healthcare 1 + VIP + Well Fed + Hotel: +16% Focus, +10.5% other

Some anomalies persuade me that I should have recorded more than one data set, especially in the Hotel Room. Meanwhile, some recovery rates have actually gotten worse?! So either Healthcare 1 is bugged, or--more likely--they've rejiggered recovery rates since my initial post. (Or my initial figures were wrong, but Dotsent confirmed them.)

3. Subject: Healthcare 2

by Shadow at 197.81/16:681 GCT

Tentative figures:

• Healthcare 2: +2-3%
    • Healthcare 2 + Hotel: +4-5%
    • Healthcare 2 + Well Fed: +4-5%
    • Healthcare 2 + Hotel + Well Fed: +6-7%
  4. Subject: Re: Re: Stat recovery

by moritz at 197.81/86:835 GCT

So, I have to partially contradict my own statement.

In the combination VIP Pack + Healthcare 2 + Hotel Room, my regeneration sequence for Focus was 10, 11, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 11, 10, 10, 10 -- clearly not increasing over time.

But, in the combination Well Fed + Healthcare 2 + Hotel Room, the sequence was 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 6, where the first 5 cannot be explained simply by rounding.

5. Subject: Re: Stat recovery

by Shadow at 197.82/85:400 GCT (edited by Shadow at 197.82/85:465 GCT)

Replying to: Re: Re: Stat recovery

I've observed something similar, and I have a nascent theory: I suspect the benefits of being in a hotel room kick in exactly when you enter, rather than looking solely at where you are at the precise moment of the next stat tick. So when you enter a hotel room between ticks, you may get only some of the increased benefits, and with rounding you might end up seeing a lower percentage for that first tick only.

If this theory is correct, then I suspect it's to prevent players from trying to game the system by timing it so they're back in the hotel room just before each tick, and leaving to go do stuff just after each tick. (This, incidentally, is why I mentioned a couple of posts back that "I should have recorded more than one data set, especially in the Hotel Room.")

6. Subject: Re: Re: Stat recovery

by moritz at 197.82/88:154 GCT

If I understood your theory correctly, it says that the benefit is proportional to the time you actually spent inside the hotel room.

That fits well with another observation I had made before: the benefit from being well fed seemed to present in the next tick after it had expired.

If this turns out to be true, I must say I'm rather impressed by the effort that went into implementing all of this. Tracking all this data and calculating the overlaps is quite some work, and easy to get wrong in edge cases.

7. Subject: Re: Stat recovery

by Shadow at 198.39/99:963 GCT

Replying to: Re: Re: Stat recovery

I'm revising this theory: Now I think the Hotel benefits don't kick in at all unless you've been in the room for a full tick. Anything else is just rounding weirdness.